Simpson Strong-Tie APB1010R 10-inch x 10-inch Rough Cut Ornamental Adjustable Post Base
Outdoor Accents post bases secure the post or column to concrete and are perfect for outdoor projects such as pergolas, patio covers and other top-supported structures. These post bases feature decorative accents and provide ZMAX® galvanization with black powder coat for extra corrosion resistance.
APB models include a 1″ standoff from the concrete to help avoid post-end rot caused by moisture. These bases accommodate lumber in both nominal and rough sizes. Optional decorative side plates are available to give the look of a four-sided post base.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use of the Outdoor Accents connectors requires use of the hex-head washer (STN22) and structural wood screw (SDWSDBB)
- APB44 post base is designed for use with nominal 4×4 lumber; APB44R is for rough lumber
- APB66 post base is designed for use with nominal 6×6 lumber; APB66R is for rough lumber
- APB88 post base is designed for use with nominal 8×8 lumber; APB88R is for rough lumber
- APB1010 post base is designed for use with nominal 10×10 lumber; APB1010R is for rough lumbe
- Designed to meet stringent building codes for seismic or high-wind events
- Install with Outdoor Accents structural wood screws and hex-head washers (sold separately) for a decorative look
- Slotted for adjustability
- See table