Simpson Strong-Tie PGT2E-R50 – Pipe Grip Tie for 2-inch Pipe
Our popular PGT pipe grip tie series now includes more models to meet a variety of conditions for attaching wood fence rails to metal fence posts and eliminating rotted and failed wood posts. PGT is suitable for standard applications as well as corners and splices. The PGTIC2Z-R is an interior corner pipe grip tie.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install on vertical pipes, offsetting corners to allow for the correct rail alignment.
- Use three to four PGTs per pipe; line up to stringline.
- PGTIC2Z-R to Post — install two set screws (supplied) with 3/8″ socket in predrilled holes.
- PGTIC2Z-R to Rails — use 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (not supplied).
- Fasten PGT with 1/4″ hex-head bolt (supplied).
- 1/4″ lag screws may be used. Follow the code requirements for predrilling.
- Nail or screw fence boards to rails.
- Field bend PGT flanges to fit corner and angled conditions (bend one time only).
- 12 gauge