Simpson Strong-Tie BCS2-2/4Z – 2-inch x 4-inch Post Caps
The BCS allows for the connection of (2) 2x’s to a 4x post or (3) 2x’s to a 6x post. Double-shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength. The BC series offers dual-purpose post cap/base for light cap or base connections.
- Use all specified fasteners
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- BCS — install dome nails on beam; drive nails at an angle through the beam into the post below to achieve the table loads
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- To tie multiple 2x members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to join members to act as one unit without splitting the wood
- 18 gauge