Simpson Strong-Tie ABU44Z – Standoff Post Base
The AB series of retrofit adjustable post bases provide a 1″ standoff for the post, are slotted for adjustability and can be installed with nails, Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws or bolts (ABU). Depending on the application needs, these adjustable standoff post bases are designed for versatility, cost effectiveness and maximum uplift performance.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- See our Anchoring and Fastening Systems for Concrete and Masonry catalog for retrofit anchor options or reference technical bulletin Anchoring Solutions for Simpson Strong-Tie® Connectors in Wind and Low-Seismic Regions (T-ANCHORSPEC).
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Place the base, cut washer(s) or load transfer plate(s) and nut(s) on the anchor bolt(s). Make any necessary adjustments to post placement and tighten the nut securely on the anchor bolt.
- Place the post in the ABA
– Fasten using nails or Strong-Drive SD Connector screws
Allowable Loads – Beam Installation