Simpson Strong-Tie APB66 – 6-inch x 6-inch Ornamental Adjustable Post Base
Outdoor Accents post bases secure the post or column to concrete and are perfect for outdoor projects such as pergolas, patio covers and other top-supported structures. These post bases feature decorative accents and provide ZMAX® galvanization with black powder coat for extra corrosion resistance.
APB models include a 1″ standoff from the concrete to help avoid post-end rot caused by moisture. These bases accommodate lumber in both nominal and rough sizes. Optional decorative side plates are available to give the look of a four-sided post base.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use of the Outdoor Accents connectors requires use of the hex-head washer (STN22) and structural wood screw (SDWSDBB)
- APB44 post base is designed for use with nominal 4×4 lumber; APB44R is for rough lumber
- APB66 post base is designed for use with nominal 6×6 lumber; APB66R is for rough lumber
- APB88 post base is designed for use with nominal 8×8 lumber; APB88R is for rough lumber
- APB1010 post base is designed for use with nominal 10×10 lumber; APB1010R is for rough lumbe
- Designed to meet stringent building codes for seismic or high-wind events
- Install with Outdoor Accents structural wood screws and hex-head washers (sold separately) for a decorative look
- Slotted for adjustability
- See table