Simpson Strong-Tie CPS46 – 4-inch x 6-inch Standoff Base
- Drill a 3/4″-diameter hole, 10″ into the center of the post.
- Clean out dust. Fill hole halfway with Simpson Strong-Tie® SET-3G™ epoxy anchoring adhesive.
- Insert all-thread rod and allow epoxy to set and cure.
- Secure standoff to post using four 0.148″ x 3″ nails, except PBV which uses four Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws.
- Drill a 3/4″-diameter hole per anchor design (see table footnote 2).
- Clean out dust. Fill hole halfway with Simpson Strong-Tie SET-3G epoxy anchoring adhesive. Insert post subassembly into hole and allow epoxy to set and cure.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- CPS — engineered composite polymer