Simpson Strong-Tie LUS26-2Z – 2-inch x 6-inch Double-Shear Face-Mount-Joist Hanger
All hangers in this series have double-shear nailing. This innovation distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. It also allows the use of fewer nails, faster installation and the use of standard nails for all connections. (Do not bend or remove tabs.)
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications.
- 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used where 0.148″ x 3″ nails are specified with no reduction in load. Where 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails are specified, 0.148″ x 3″ or 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used at 0.85 of the table load.
- With 3x carrying members, use 0.162″ x 2 1/2″ nails into the header and 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails into the joist with no load reduction.
- With 2x carrying members, use 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ nails into the header and 0.148″ x 3″ nails into the joist, reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.
- LUS/HUS hangers cannot be modified